Scotia Living Masthead Image

The Scotia Museum, built originally in 1920 as a bank but converted to the museum in 1951, is an example of Greek revival architecture. The natural Redwood trunks used for the classic columns show the distinct connection to the timber industry. The two-story structure has a low-pitched shingle roof, full portico and full height gable. The pediment and roof are all supported by giant cylindrical tree trunks with grooves in the bark that look like flutes and fillets carved into Grecian stone. The double entry doors and transom offer natural light inside which houses artifacts, videos, interactive technology and personal tours of the surrounding area and the Town of Scotia over the years. The Scotia Museum is open every day in the summer from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m through Labor Day or by appointment. Call 707-764-4211 Website


Join Scotia Living List | ©2015 Scotia Living. All rights reserved.