Schools are out for President’s week and its time to figure out for something to keep your children engaged. Check out Camp SCRAP, an art camp for children looking for an outlet for their creativity. The camp embraces your child’s imagination and helps bring their ideas to life. SCRAP is a nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire creative reuse and environmentally sustainable behavior by providing educational programs and affordable materials to the community. In order to fulfill its mission, SCRAP Humboldt operates a donation-based creative reuse store and a Creative Education Studio located in Arcata. Here you can find all kinds of materials for use in arts and crafts including school or office supplies.
During Camp SCRAP Week, children will have opportunities to learn and work with a wide variety of different materials. Days at the camp will vary but will be filled with plenty of experimenting, problem solving, building, creating and playing. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity for your child to learn and have fun doing it.
Check it out here: http://scraphumboldt.org
Important things to know:
- The camp operates from February 20th to 24
- Camps are open from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day.
- All camps are for children in first through sixth grades unless otherwise noted.
- Camp SCRAP takes place at the SCRAP Studio inside of the shop, at 101 H Street, Arcata.
- Tuition is $150 and must be paid at the time of registration. When submitted, this form will direct you to PayPal to make your payment. If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.